STEP 1: Complete the Online Driver Application
STEP 2: Approved Applicants Meeting with Ride Please™
- Accepted applicants will be contacted for a meeting. This is to supply you with more information and the ability to ask any questions previous to moving forward.
STEP 3: Vehicle Inspections
- Vehicle Inspection completed by authorized Ride Please™ personnel.
- Payment of $199 Deposit to Ride Please™ for full time drivers and $99 deposit for part time drivers. (Cash or Certified Cheque made payable to: The Driving Alternative Inc.)
- Valid E.L.V.I.S. (Enhanced Livery Vehicle Inspection Standards)
- Obtain letter of intent from Ride Please™
- Full time drivers obtain a copy of Ride Please™ Insurance and Registration
- Part time drivers obtain insurance coverage from Aviva. Talk to your Ride Please™ representative.
STEP 4: Go to Livery Transport Services (LTS) Office
Address: #100, 2116 27 Ave. N.E.
Hours: Hours: 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
Applicant must present the following:
- Valid AB Driver’s License Class 1, 2 or 4,
- Proof of status to legally work in Canada: Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship Card or Permanent Residence Card.
- Letter of Intent from Ride Please™.
- Valid Ride Please™ Insurance and Registration.
- Valid Motor Vehicle Record of Inspection dated within 30 days from a Livery Vehicle Inspection.
- Applicant will be required to complete a permission form giving consent for LTS to obtain:
- Calgary Police Service Check: This takes 1-3 weeks to be returned to LTS ($41 cost)
- Driving Abstract: LTS will verify the applicants driving history and status
STEP 5: Go Back to Livery Transport Services (LTS):
- Once LTS receives your Criminal Record Check, they will inform you. You will then return to LTS and,
- Pay the licensing fee ($220)
- There will be a letter e-mailed to you advising you of the TNDL.
STEP 6: Supply a copy of your TNDL to Ride Please™
STEP 7: Driver Training and Account Activation
- Ride Please™ Decal on Vehicle
- Schedule Driver
- Mobile App & Safety Training